About Kriya Yoga
As narrated by Sadguru Yogiraj Dr. Mangeshda
A rare photo of Sadguru Yogiraj Dr. Mangeshda practising Kriya Yoga in the Himalayas
Nearly 5000 years ago what Krishna narrated to Arjuna as the 18 chapters of Holy Script Bhagwad Gita is 'Kriya Yoga'. In the late nineteen century, Kriya Yoga was reintroduced to the – modern world through Lahiri Mahasaya who was initiated by Legendary Paramguru Mahavatar Babaji. Mahavatar Babaji, my Sadguru, is an ageless wonder to the modern world and this Yogeshwar is guiding the entire community of spiritual seekers to be united for the sake of peaceful world through the Science of Kriya Yoga.
Millions of people across the world have been taking advantage of this Holy Science, the guaranteed path of enlightenment. Kriya Yoga is a five-fold, powerful as well as simple scientific path to explore oneself to experience the ultimate. It is the fastest technique of Self Realization.
Kri means action and Ya means Soul. By practicing Kriya Yoga one learns the technique of how the soul guides the mind by utilizing the body for the harmonious and holistic way of healthy living. It is a perfect unison and total transformation of the practitioner for the most awaited beautiful experience of Self Realisation.
The five fold path of Kriya Yoga is Kriya Hath Yoga, Kriya Kundalini Pranayam, Kriya Dhyana Yoga, Kriya Mantra Yoga and Kriya Bhakti Yoga.
- Kriya Hatha Yoga - My Sadguru Mahavatar Babaji modified the 84 Siddha Hath Asana enumerated by Rishi Patanjali into 18 Siddha Hath Kriya Yoga Asanas. These Asanas allows the universal energy to flow smoothly in the body bringing the union of gross body and subtler body to experience healthy life. These 18 Sidha Asanas are extremely powerful and should only be practiced under the guidance of an authentic Kriya Yogi.
- Kriya Kundalini Pranayam - Kundalini is Universal Energy and we are all born with it. Through proper regulated breathing, this energy can be channelized through the thousands of meridians in our body which keeps us away from any blockages. Every day when we breathe, we deal with 49 types of air, amongst which 5 are important for our body which are called 'Prana'. Through the powerful techniques of Kriya Kundalini Pranayam, one can bring the union of these 5 Pranas to experience 'Samadhi'. Mahavatar Babaji through this technique of Kriya Yoga provides us methods to remove the unwanted carbon from our body. This leads to purification of the blood and amplification of the vital force energy.
- Kriya Dhyana Yoga - Mahavatar Babaji gifted this potent technique of observation which leads to Samadhi. Alertness of the mind leads to awakening and awakening leads to Enlightenment! In this secret process of Kriya Yoga, a Kriyaban (a Kriya practitioner) learns to meditate and experience inner calmness of eternal silence. Through this technique, instead of fighting with his mind & thoughts, one easily calms down and develops non-reacting abilities. This inner calmness ultimately leads to 'para avastha' i.e. no mind experience!
- Kriya Mantra Yoga – 'Mana' is the mind and 'Tantra' is the technique. In Kriya Yoga, after the traditional initiation ceremony, an authentic Guru transfers his energy to the disciple to understand and practice the secret mantras. Mainly we use 'Sidha Shabri mantras' which are extremely effective to lead the Kundalini in the right direction. These mantras give strength to the disciple focus in his Sadhana.
- Kriya Bhakti Yoga - In this path of Kriya Yoga, the relationship of the Guru and the disciple is very pious. The receptivity of any knowledge is based on the 'Surrenderance'. The acceptance of the knowledge becomes easy if disciple feels gratitude, faith and love toward the Guru. This supreme emotion of 'Bhakti' is a pious 'rasa' which allows the disciple to practice the secret science of Kriya Yoga effectively and successfully. By practicing 'Bhakti Yoga”, a Sadhak becomes more disciplined and committed.
All these five folds is a perfect combination not only for the Spiritual benefits but a practical path to experience healthy and purposeful life.
Hence Kriya Yoga is a practitioner's path and a complete science of spirituality. If a disciple is disciplined, dedicated and has complete surrender to the 'Guru-tattva', he can achieve the ultimate. The entire base of Kriya Yoga is practical and easy to practice for anybody – from 12 years to any age. There is no religion or superstitions but consistent systematic practice. The body is made of five elements and Mahavatar Babaji has given great emphasis on understanding the hidden qualities of these elements. There is no positive or negative energy by itself. How we think, according to that the energy changes its quality.
That is why by practicing Kriya Yoga, I appeal to everybody - 'Let's join our hands together in our motto of spreading Unconditional Love and Unconditional Forgiveness all over the world.'
I'm only an Instrument of my Guru, Sadguru Yogiraj Sri Sri Mahavatar Babaji